PacketLight LightWatch NMS/EMS
PacketLight LightWatchTM multi-platform Java-based network management system (NMS) is an essential tool for effectively managing, configuring, and monitoring fiber optic networks.
PacketLight’s NMS provides comprehensive visibility and control over network infrastructure, enabling administrators to ensure optimal network performance, security, and reliability. The NMS enables administrators to monitor the equipment on the network, track traffic, detect and resolve issues, and configure network devices remotely.
The system collects and analyzes network data, and generates valuable insights and reports that are central in decision-making and troubleshooting. By centralizing network management tasks and automating routine processes, the NMS streamlines operations, enhances efficiency, and reduces downtime. It serves as a critical component in maintaining a robust and resilient network infrastructure in today's mission-critical landscape.
The system provides full fault, configuration, accounting, performance, security (FCAPS) functionality and is compliant with telecommunications management network (TMN) standards.
LightWatch uses the MySQLTM database, and is built with modular client pay-as-you-grow offerings, scalable to 500 network elements and 20 clients.
Please contact us for a quote or further assistance.
- Hierarchical topology view of the devices in the network
- Network fault management
- Network inventory management
- Service management
- Management and configuration of users
- Task scheduling for network operation (e.g. software download, configuration files upload and download)
- Collects, displays and stores performance monitoring (PM) data from all network elements
- Chassis management
- Supports distributed client server architecture
- Supported by Windows and Linux operating systems
- NMS server resiliency
- Allows hierarchical network domains
- Automatic network topology discovery
- Allows manual drawing of the connections between nodes
- Allows definition of background map
- Displays history of network events
- Shows current alarms
- Supports filtering events and alarms
- Keeps up to 30 days of event history
- Supports audible alarms
- Event forwarding to email server
- Scheduling download of new software versions into groups of network elements
- Scheduling upload of configuration files from group of network elements
- Scheduling download of configuration files into group of nodes
- Downloading license files into group of nodes
- Uploading log files from group of devices
Performance Management and Inventory
- Collects PM data from all devices in the network
- Displays the history of 15–minute and Day PM data
- PM counters according to pre-defined filter
- Supports configurable graphical view of PM data
- Allows export of PM information to file in .CSV format
- Displays inventory of group of network elements
- Complies with standard ENTITY-MIB (RFC-4133)
- Allows filtering of the network elements according to selected field values
- Supports export of inventory into .CSV file
SMM - Service Management Module
- A-to-Z service provisioning wizard
- Automatic detection of provisioned services
- Displays and highlights the path of a selected service
- Supports display of service path, status and faults
- Supports full service awareness with the advanced chassis service management module (CSMM)